Stories from my little corner of the world, the South. Some are from the present, some from the past...but all are from my heart.

They reflect my thoughts and views, my musing about the world, and each carries with it a bit of my heart
and soul.

Friday, May 11, 2012

Four Generations

From 1916 to 1982~
We span six decades
of living and learning
of knowledge and love
through both good and hard times
and we represent the past
that span backwards 
for longer than we can imagine
to our ancestors,
women we never knew
but whose genes and blood
courses through our own veins.
 






















Momma, MaMa, me & Sara in 1995~ Sara was 13, I was 38, Momma was 54, & MaMa was 80

We are all alike in some ways,
yet different in many others
but always connected
by heart strings
by blood line
by matriarchal ties
we represent the future
that marches forward with
or without our consent
but with representation
through each new generation.



 Sara, MaMa, me, & Momma @ Baptist Village visiting MaMa Mother's Day weekend 2008.

And even when one is gone
those left behind remember 
the words
the deeds
the memories 
forged from family ties
and we carry on
in their memory
and add to the legacy
in our own unique ways.

For MaMa Sweat whom we all miss every day, but especially on Mother's Day.

For Momma who still guides us with her wisdom and ever-present,unconditional love.


And for Sara who is the best gift I've ever received in this life of mine~ when you were born, I finally understood what all the hoopla about being a mother was really all about :)

Love y'all so much,

 Rose/Mom

Rose S. Williams
Southernstoryteller©2012






2 comments:

  1. Made totally of the awesome, Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mike :) That made me smile SO big :) I feel very blessed when I look at those photos and realize what they represent.

      Delete