Stories from my little corner of the world, the South. Some are from the present, some from the past...but all are from my heart.

They reflect my thoughts and views, my musing about the world, and each carries with it a bit of my heart
and soul.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Soul Gardening



Soul Gardening

Even now, after all these years
I don’t know who I am.

I’m still learning.
Who knew
it would take so long
to figure out…
not me.

For years
I looked outwards
to the world for answers,
but finally realized
the answers were never there.
They’ve always been here,
inside of me.

So, I’ve become a gardener,
picking through the weeds
of my soul
to find the hidden flowers.



Looking inward


to that still, dark space
within my heart
where truth waits patiently
to be unearthed.

I dig now, daily
but not with a shovel,
or even a spade.

With just my fingers,
ever so gently
lifting away the layers
of preconceived notions
of society’s pablum
searching for the tiny kernels of truth,
digging for the seeds of knowledge
that I know dwells
hidden within the soil of my soul.

Rose Steedley Williams
©Southernstoryteller~2009


2 comments:

  1. How very lovely. It is in fact as it should be. Rose, I think that I remember this new beginning for you. The pain ... the joy. This poem reflects so well ones journey ... ones dig.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful poem. Do visit my blog and leave your footprints by posting comments

    http://parentingworkshop.blogspot.com/
    http://fun-with-mails.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete