Stories from my little corner of the world, the South. Some are from the present, some from the past...but all are from my heart.

They reflect my thoughts and views, my musing about the world, and each carries with it a bit of my heart
and soul.

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Two long years....


Two Long Year

Lying awake at dawn, I remember them.
With a love that is almost joy I remember them.
Lost, and all mine, all mine, forever.
~John Hall Wheelcock


 

I dreamed of Micah and Daddy all night, of a time long ago when he was just a little boy, and the three of us with Boomer and Benji were riding in the woods one afternoon finding ditches for Micah to wade through with his new rubber boots. He was maybe six, and after we got on the back of the truck for the last time before going back to the house, he turned his face to me, with a smile as wide as a river, and said: "Aunt Rosie, it just don't get better than this!"
No it doesn't, and I feel blessed to have such precious memories of him, especially today...it doesn't feel like 2yrs today, and then at times, it feels like it's been a lifetime since we lost him.






No comments:

Post a Comment